Monday, June 1, 2015

Oh, this thing called Blogging!!!

It's time, way past time, I suppose!  With much prodding and encouragement from my sister, Cathy (Cathy's Chatter Blog) here I am getting started....

Some cliff notes might be good to start with....

Years ago I had a home based business doing custom bridal dressmaking.  I look back now and think what nerve I had!  I was fearless for sure cutting into all that satin and lace without so much as a hand drawn pattern out of brown paper bags!  My first job was this really cute flower girl dress.  I was shown a picture of the bridesmaid dresses and asked to make a pint size duplicate.  They were pleased and after they walked out the door I sat down and cried in happy disbelief at the success!  Here are the pics from back in the 80's...

Seven years of proms and weddings ended quite quickly one day and my sewing machines went into retirement.

Fast forward to 2010 when my older sister invited me to go on the Vermont Shop Hop with her. Oh, my!  That was all it took.  Next thing I know I have a new sewing machine that did fancy embroidery stitching.  Two months later that brand new machine with fancy stitching got traded in for an even fancier machine - A Pfaff Creative 4.0!!  Now I was on a roll!  Except, that once you get into embroidery, you realize pretty quickly that an Embroidery Software is needed because while you might find some really cool embroideries to use, there is always one little thing you wish was different! 

By 2011 I was well on my way to digitizing.  I hope you enjoy my Digital Doodling!  I like Applique Embroidery and recently I have added font making and others.   I'm looking forward to making new friends, so please do drop a doodle of your own from time to time!!!

Diane

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting your own blog! No to see some of your digital doodles...

    ReplyDelete