Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Brother's Dream Machine School - Here I come!!!

I am SO excited to have the privilege of attending Brother School for the newest Dream Machine Embroidery Sewing Machine and Digitizing Software for Cowles Quilting in St. Albans.  The machine is all packed up in the car and I will be heading out this afternoon for two days of FUN!!!! 

I'm certain my sister Cathy is feeling a bit apprehensive as we love that we have matching sewing machines, but I must say, I am a-leaning toward this model! I can't wait to see this High Definition LCD screen that is HUGE!!!  And talk about space, this one has 11.25" of workspace.  Julie and I unpacked this puppy fresh off the truck yesterday and gasped as we saw the size of the largest hoop!  9.5" x 14" - big enough to do a great embroidery down the back of a shirt or skirt - easy!

Now the really cool functionality that I MUST see is the automatic positioning available through the scan technology.  Can you imagine, sticking your shirt pocket in the hoop and having a picture of that pocket on the LCD panel under your embroidery? Well that is what happens and allows a perfect placement on that pocket or lapel, whatever you have!  Can't WAIT!!!!

For those of us who LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those decorative stitches, think of all the possibilities with the scanning to position that line of stitches perfectly on the ditch of a quilt block! 

Ok, enough for now, I'm getting the last of my daily tasks done so I can hit the road!  Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun, baby girl. Enjoy it. Is this going to be your master piece? Bring it to Thailand and help me work here for a month or two.

    ReplyDelete