Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Riley Blake Inspirations - Part 2

So earlier today I planned out exactly how I would create an Owl Applique file. 

I made modifications to the look of Eyelashes and I had to make a few tweaks to reduce the number of jumps and stops.  There are a few in here - it was a toss up on jumps versus starting up the machine without color changes, the jumps won sometimes and the 'push start' won sometimes. 

Here are the resulting two files I tested out.

The first one I didn't like the way the machine stitched out the eyelashes and there were a few stops that didn't get set properly.  The first one uses fabrics from Riley Blake's Sweet Baby Girl and Lucky Stars.  The background is the Cream Diamond in Lucky Stars.

Hoot of an Owl


This is the second attempt.  I used satin bars for the eyelashes and made the beak a little larger.  Here I used the Lucky Stars fabrics and decided to make the feet the same color as the beak and eyes mostly because I like the orange with this fabric line and wanted to see more of it.  The fabric has color changes for each area so people can mix it up a lot depending on the fabrics they choose.  It might be hard to see, but in this one, the background is the Blue Gingham in the Lucky Stars line.

 
 I would love some feedback for this design, so please feel free to drop a comment and let me know if you would like to receive this file for your use.  Just let me know what embroidery file format you need!

1 comment:

  1. Great work. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete