Wednesday, March 23, 2016

New Sewing Studio???? Oh My!!!

Today, March 23rd, 2016 marks a monumental occasion in the history of CaDi Corners, LLC in St. Albans Vermont.

Up until now, all the shipping for CaDi Corners LLC has been in a very small room in the house.  But today, (and the noise is quite the testament!) a new studio is beginning to take shape!  Step 1 is the installation of a gas heater that looks very much like a fireplace in the location I have been encouraged to use for CaDi Corners studio. 

I have a great big open basement with outside entrance and everything!!!  Soon, it will be transformed!  I even have before pictures to share - soon!  Step 2 will be painting - and yes, it is sitting here on the floor waiting until the plumbing is completed!!!!

So, what I wanted to share with you all today, is that within a not yet determined number of weeks, we will be in full swing.  And I hope you will join me on this very exciting journey.

One of the neat things that happened today is that my plumber (yep, I needed to get some of that done first!) told me his mom, who recently passed, has a bunch of fabric that he would like to donate to CaDi Corners!!!  What this means is that during our grand opening and beyond, we will have some opportunities for ladies to make up quilts, blankets, pillow cases and more that will be donated to several different charities!!! I'm so excited to be able to honor his mom in this way and know it will be a fun time to boot!!!!

So, that is it for today!  I suspect you will hear more in the days and weeks ahead!  Thank you in advance for joining this journey with me. I hope you will leave a comment or two letting me know what you might like to see in this space!
The wall where a fireplace will be!!!
And Future Home of Little Miss Lovey - our Gammill Longarm

Home of the Future Fabric Corners and Workroom!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new adventure Diane and Cathy. Can't wait to see it finished and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paula!!!!! We are very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for you, was worried because I hadn't seen any postings lately and the calender was empty. Hope to be able to visit you and maybe take a class. Will it still be at Cowles or some new location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classes will be at Cowles Quilting in St. Albans! Sorry for the late reply on this message. I didn't see it!

    ReplyDelete